JUST A QUICK NOTE...

1. You can "click" on the photos for a larger view
2. In the "BLOG ARCHIVE" to the right>>> I've tried to place key words in the title to help you navigate all the posts I've listed so far.
3. If you have ANY questions or need additional information...don't hesitate to ask!! I'm here to help!!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

November has arrived!!

I'm soooo happy to have Halloween DONE!! I get all excited but the lack of sleep in working late into the night on two costumes for the boys to wear only a couple of times...it's enough to kill a girl!! I have to start by saying that with the two boys - one is a festive, "really get into it" kinda kid and the other (A.J.) he's just in it for the candy and would probably be happy wearing an orange t-shirt that says "This Is My Costume - Fork Over The Candy" - hmmmmmmm...next year, maybe??

So, I went all out and bought A.J. the works for a Pirate Captain costume. I stayed up late and sewed him a really nice Captain's jacket with trim and pleats in a fancy velveteen fabric and we got the eye patch, beard, mustache, spirit gum to put the facial hair on his face, etc., etc., etc. He refused to have anything on his face including the eye patch and well...I got him to wear the costume. Don't get me wrong - he made a fabulous looking kid in a pirate's costume. Nick, on the other hand, WAS GENE SIMMONS!! He really enjoyed the make-up, black nail polish, fancy boots, leather vest, spiked collar and bracelet, and he really worked the hair! Everywhere we went - school, trick-or-treating in the Antelope Hills subdivision, at the racetrack in Pueblo...Nick gained FANS!! At school, all of the kids flocked him when he walked in and he ate up all the attention. He made the rounds by shouting out his friends' names, the moms and dads, past and present teachers...he wanted for everyone to see!! When we took them out for trick-or-treating...both boys filled their treat bags (Mike and I ride along in the Expedition and let them go from house to house) and Nick came up to the truck and said, "I need to empty out some of this candy...there's a few houses I still need to go." A.J. (to my utter SHOCK) said, "Mom, I have enough candy. Can I wait in the car?" Nick continued on to a few more houses and we had them bathed and in bed by 8:15. Nick had a school assignment where he had to calculate the number of different types of candy he'd collected for a math project. So, you wanna see photos???

2 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

omg!
both of the guys look fab-u-loso!

the digital layout...eh.
haha!

Pammie said...

I LOVE THESE COSTUMES - your kids TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!