JUST A QUICK NOTE...

1. You can "click" on the photos for a larger view
2. In the "BLOG ARCHIVE" to the right>>> I've tried to place key words in the title to help you navigate all the posts I've listed so far.
3. If you have ANY questions or need additional information...don't hesitate to ask!! I'm here to help!!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Shock!! We were racing yesterday!!

I know - I'm starting to take on "broken record" tendencies... SORRY...

If you're not into racing - - I may just be a bore to you. Ahhhh well... They way I look at it, our family has a total kick going to the track and the adrenaline of being really freaked out watching the boys race other little guys for the finish line without injury to themselves or damage to their cars - it's VERY hard to describe. I love it!!!

SO - this particular past day at the track...wellllll...



...had to throw that in - I know I can be random at times...SOOOOOOOOOOO anyway...

Now that I have your attention...

We arrived at the track and I found out that "Amy" (quick point of reference - Amy, hubby Phillip, step-daughter Keishah - 12??, son Tayler - 6??, GREAT family!! Love them!! Amy is the head facet in the tower and I would be her ummm - sidekick?!? I better ask Amy what I'd be considered.) ...wouldn't be there to run things but that I was the chosen one to make it all happen!!!

WHAT!?!?!

I wasn't all alone but I was locked up in the tower for 90% of the day - RAPUNZEL, RAPUNZEL!! I was allowed potty breaks and I watched Nick and A.J. race a few laps but never an entire race!! I don't know how Amy does it!!

Tayler came down with chicken pox on Friday and so she was stuck at home in Wyoming while Keishah, Phillip and Phillip's mom were at the track - Keisha drives two cars in two divisions and she's an absolute HOOT to watch - - -


So, I'm up in the tower and I've got my very specific notes that I've been taking - there's so many aspects of the computer - some kids drive more than one car and in different divisions and you have to enter their "pill draw" to determine where they start and where they finish affects the end of the year points. I was scared - I don't want to screw up because there's a lot to it!! Anyway, we managed with very few incidences... we get through "sign-in", printing the line-ups, getting volunteers for the various duties, etc. I feel that WE ALL did a pretty good job even though we missed Amy and her wit terribly!! Well, down below on the track and in OUR trailer...Mike was the BIG CHIEF!! He had to get four cars ready for racing. He had to keep track of two very energetic boys. AND, his mom and my dad and his wife came out - Mike did a fab job at keeping them in loop with various requests of how they could jump in and be of assistance. We were certainly busy as a family but we mangaged. Now, for the problem...I take my camera to EVERY race and take AT LEAST 20 photos - YESTERDAY?? NONE!! Nick won his first Junior Honda event in a really long time and I don't have a photo of it!! UGH!! A.J. had his very best day this year and again, no photos!! A.J. was in front of Nick in his Jr. Stock, A-Main event for the entire race...believe me - THAT'S HUGE!! It is just something that never happens.

I know that there will be other days and, no, it won't be Nick's last win...or A.J.'s last great day - BUT right now...I'm bummed that I don't have photos to download of the weekend and relive it. I have only memories...

I hope you had a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Stampin n da Hood said...

whew! tmi!

just glad the boys had a good day racing (from what I glanced over)!!!