JUST A QUICK NOTE...

1. You can "click" on the photos for a larger view
2. In the "BLOG ARCHIVE" to the right>>> I've tried to place key words in the title to help you navigate all the posts I've listed so far.
3. If you have ANY questions or need additional information...don't hesitate to ask!! I'm here to help!!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Testing, testing...one, two, three...

I'd like to find out that if I post enough, whether it be ramblings or something of interest...can I send the slide show with music to page two?? Then, will that feature still scare some of my visitors?? For example - I know that Kathy surfs from work and doesn't always want to get "discovered" that that is what she's doing and she's also mentioned that she gets confused in trying to read my ramblings with music playing, too...shoot, we need to get you some gum and see if you fall apart altogether!! (I love you) I hope that you're still stopping by with zucchini - I need to try out this recipe...

Lemon Zucchini Bread

Adding lemon to traditional zucchini bread is a great way to bring out the vegetable's unique flavor.

Prep Time: 15m
Cook Time: 45m
Ready in: 1h
Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini

3/4 cup white sugar (I might try brown, here)
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon zest (what about the juice?? I may have to throw that in here)

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
In a bowl, beat together the zucchini, sugar, egg, and oil. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; stir in the cinnamon and lemon zest. Stir the flour mixture into the zucchini mixture just until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from heat, and cool about 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely


So...doesn't that just make your mouth water?? I need a slab of warm bread and a great big glass of milk!! YUM!! O.K. then...back to the messy room - I'm seeing progress!!

5 comments:

Pammie said...

BLECK zuchinni........ retching now...........

Susan H said...

Pammie...
Where's the love, babe?? Have you TRIED my zuchinni bread?? hmmmm??
NO! So to criticize - you're a naughty one!! I'd bet money (real dinero) that if I offered you a slice of bread and kept the fact that there was zuchinni in it a complete secret you wouldn't guess in a million years that there was that delightful little vegetable in it!! I made Zuchinni Bread once WITHOUT Zuchinni (I didn't have any) but I used applesauce instead - I thought, "Hey, this might taste better" NOPE - not even close!! I'll bring you a loaf when I come up to get my new pet...

Pammie said...

You know what... I am not ever going to accept anything from you that resembles bread in any way shape or form... nope nada, never! You might slip something Z-like in there...bleck!

mE said...

ROFLMBO!!!! I don't like Zucchini, zuchini, zuccinni, however you spell it, either. EWwwww! Never been able to gag down anything ZZZZ....


SUSAN... what new pet are you getting???????? Road trip to Canada!!!!

E.

Anonymous said...

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?q=zucchini

Go to this website and see what else you can create. I found a few I would like to try - are you ready for more zucchini yet? - Kathy